I’d just like to wish all my customers a happy new year and thank you for making 2015 a fantastic first full year in business for me. There have been plenty ups and hardly any downs. So here’s to a prosperous new year to all of you and to roots manoeuvre removals. Have fun guys
Apparently the guy I, not Roots Manoeuvre, just moved is called PewdiePie, and is a huge hit on youtube. What ever that is.
To enjoy your telephone, internet access and entertainment at the other end you need to make sure you notify the relevant companies. Many can make sure this happens on your moving day provided they had enough notice.
Below we have provided some links to the moving house sections on a few of the big companies.
- Redirect your post with Royal Mail, they offer a service from 3, 6 to 12 months from £24.99
- Landline with BT, Sky or Virgin Media.
- Entertainment packages with Sky or Virgin Media.
- TV License.
- Energy with British Gas, EDF Energy or The co-operative energy.
- Banking with HSBC,
- Your water with Thames Water,
- Breakdown services
- Inland Revenue
- Medical such as doctor, dentist and optician.
- Schools for your children.
- Pack an essentials box for your first night in your new place, ideally a clear box.
- Make sure that you have a first aid kit handy.
- Pack having items
- Pack heavy items in smaller boxes to avoid ending up with a box you can’t lift.
- Pack all important papers in one box and keep it safe like your own car.
Make a priority list.
- Use the opportunity to get rid of clutter by donating or selling items you no longer need.
- Calculate how many boxes you need and get boxes of various sizes.
- Buy strong tape, start saving up on packaging material such as old newspapers and bubble wrap.
- Be careful to not fill boxes all the way as they might become too heavy to lift.
- Check your contents insurance to make sure that damage during the move is covered.